Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to purchase Apple Watch with paired data plan

S4MUR441
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I'm trying to purchase an Apple Watch directly from EE with a paired data plan that should link to my existing number. When I go through the checkout process I'm being asked "Do you want to keep your number?" The obvious answer is yes but then the form asks me for a PAC number and wants to transfer the number to the new device.  Has anyone gone through the purchase/set-up process and can provide some insights? One would think that a giant like EE would make the online purchase forms as easy as possible or at least have the option to contact someone via chat to assist.

S4MUR441_0-1698767762756.png

All I want to do is to buy an Apple Watch with a data plan that shares min, data and texts with my existing plan and I can make and receive calls on my new watch without having a phone on me.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @S4MUR441,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You can ignore that section. It's only for transferring a mobile number from another network.

Your watch will be paired with your EE number during the setup process.

James

Hi James

It’s not like a have the option to ignore it. I have to make a choice and provide the additional information or the form won’t let me complete the purchase. 

Thanks

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Sorry, that wasn't very clear @S4MUR441 

You should select the 'no thanks' option.

James

MuddyBird
Visitor

I have just gone through this trying to buy one myself.

I got put through to 3 different operators, the final one being a team leader, who could not get their head around it.

Their only advice was to cancel it and buy directly from them over the phone 😂

EE really need to either make this question more obvious or train their operators a little better.

I eventually took the plunge and bought through the app figuring I was going to sort out the mess myself afterwards.

Glad to see it isn’t only me 🙄😊

It is laborious to figure everything out on your own and indeed the operators don’t know the specifics of how it works. 

I pulled the trigger and bought it as a new device with paired plan (don’t transfer the number).

The set up on the Apple side was pretty straight forward but as soon as I set it up I got an error message within Apple Watch app on iPhone saying that “EE does not currently support Apple Watch”.

IMG_0094.jpeg

Not sure what that means but it cannot be good. If anyone knows why EE can sell unsupported products I’d be very glad to know.