cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery of New Apple Watch: Different Number

BlahBlahBlah166
Explorer

I currently have an Apple Watch Series 7 but have upgraded to the Series 9 as my 'Paired Watch Plan' was due for an upgrade.

Had DPD through today saying they needed me to give them a code. I never had one come through! I know that there are different numbers for my iPhone plan and my Paired Watch Plan for billing reasons. But do I need to do something to allow texts to come through?

The DPD driver informed me that they sent the text with the delivery code to the number that's paired with my watch plan. Is there any way I can receive this text?

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@BlahBlahBlah166  Download the DPD app and create an account with the same email address you use for EE.   This will show you how long until your delivery and more importantly the code you give the driver upon delivery.  

This hasn't worked, unfortunately. Created a DPD account with the same email address on the app and it does not have any record of the delivery that was attempted today. I will await to see if I get any updates via the app, but I suspect I will have to resolve this via phone with EE tomorrow.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BlahBlahBlah166 

Thanks for coming here. 

Could you try using the mobile number registered for the updates to see if this shows the details for the delivery? 

Leanne.

I have had the same issue. I ordered last Thursday for delivery Friday and had no code. DPD driver confirmed the number it was sent to was my Apple Watch and as I didn’t have the code I couldn’t receive the watch. I called Ee who said they could do nothing until they had received the watch back even though they could see what the issue was. Promised a call back in 72 hours and still waiting. Meanwhile my account has changed to show new phone contract. 
Initially I tried to order the watch online but the security text was sent to the watch number so I didn’t receive it. I called 150 to order and explained what had happened and they said they had heard of this happening before - they then sent the text to my phone and I was able to order my new watch. It’s hard to believe they didn’t change the DPD text message number to my phone number at this time! 
maybe I will receive a call to arrange my new watch in the nearest future!

Christopher_G

Hi @IAAI 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of your delivery experience. Hopefully this will be sorted soon. Please keep us posted on what happens with that call back. When did they give you the 72 hour window for the call?

Chris

I had exactly the same problem when I upgraded my 5 series to the 9 series. Tried ordering online but couldn’t verify myself because the text went to the watch number! Ended up calling EE to order that way. If they know it’s an issue, why not fix it?? My delivery code came through without any issue but it was direct from DPD via text to my mobile number, not my watch. My only other problem was that I had to manually set up the new watch plan to the watch, as it didn’t do it automatically & I spent a few days wondering why I couldn’t receive calls on my watch! 

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming to the community and leaving feedback for ordering and and setting up the watch @SHobbs1  

Leanne.