Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Fold not on the website anymore

JackShaw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

As title suggests. Pixel fold is not on the website to preorder anymore. Has the pre-ordering closed 3 days in? If so, why is this not stated on the site instead of the phone being completely removed from view. Only an 'oops this page isn't here anymore' banner. 

The only mention of it is the register for interest banner which was there before preorders opened.

Jack

44 REPLIES 44
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@JackShaw   The release of this device was going to be the same as the 7a it’s now late June.  If EE are still going to have this expect pre-orders to reopen again soon  

@Chris_B 

The release of the fold was never to be the same date as the 7a. This was stated during Google's I/O. It was always late June for the fold. That's why pre-orders opened in late May. 

@JackShaw  As it’s late June for release and pre-orders are usually 1 week before the release date of any device I would expect pre-orders to be around 1 week before the 27th. 

@Chris_B the preorders opened 30th May for this device. It was orderable on the website at this time. It has now vanished. This is most likely due to them selling out on the small stock they had ordered. However, some communication back to the customers would be helpful. A banner saying that the preorders have sold out or something. Rather than deleting the entire page for the pixel fold that they had opened on 30th May. That page stated that you could preorder up until 27th June.

I couldn't even get a preorder through the website after it went live. It just said something like "thanks for your interest" but didn't give any options to put an order through (either as an upgrade or an additional line). The whole thing is a bit sloppy tbh.

@OWill 

It's a shambles. All other networks have their plan deals etc live on their websites. Nothing from EE. Not even a reason. Just fobbing customers off 

There's still a couple weeks to go before it's release so maybe they'll get their act together. Just don't want to lose the opportunity to preorder from Google or another network by sitting around waiting for my own provider to get their act together.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello, 

We have been advised by Google that due to global overwhelming demand, they are not able to provide guidance on future stock availability from today. As a result we have made the decision to not take further pre-orders on the Google Pixel Fold. In the meantime customers can pre-register their interest for the Pixel Fold on EE's website and we'll contact them once stock becomes available. 

Any customers orders placed up until Tuesday 6th June will be honoured accordingly and customers will have their handset on the launch day which is the 27th June. These customers will also still be eligible to claim their gift with purchase within the claim period. 

Katie

Halfman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi this is good news for those who have pre ordered like myself . I am looking forward to 27 June.

Are you aware that registering for the fold does not work. I registered and did not receive any notifications at all to show or confirm you had any stock. I actually rang your office and spoke to someone who informed me that you have stock in and can order straight away. It as always been like this over years , when it comes to registering for an item.

I would not recommend this method to any customer wanting to gwt their hands on a pixel fold. 

Can anyone confirm if when they registered z they got a any notifications.