cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Watch Plan is not compatible with Galaxy Watch 6 Lte

Grozos
Investigator
Investigator

I had a Watch plan with EE on my Google Pixel Watch LTE and I've been offered an upgrade for a new device. I choose the Watch-Plan pair deal and I got the Galaxy Watch 6 LTE. 

I couldn't pair the watch plan on my new watch and I called them and after a long chat they raised an investigation and the outcome was that EE watch plans and Galaxy Watch 6 LTE are not compatible 🤦🏻‍♂️. And their suggestion is to connect my watch with my phone through Bluetooth and use it like this😤

So I'm paying for a watch plan which has 24 months contract and I cannot use it on my new Galaxy Watch 6 LTE which I bought from EE directly and which is combined with this Watch plan.

This is absurd and ridiculous.

Why EE sells a deal of a Watch Plan combined with a Watch (which released on 2023) when you cannot use them together? And there are no information about this ridiculous issue on EE's website. It's like you getting an EE Mobile Plan and a mobile from EE but you cannot use the data, calls, or texts from this Mobile plan to that mobile and EE doesn't warn you about this. 

11 REPLIES 11
Grozos
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same issue. I had a Watch plan with EE on my Google Pixel Watch and I've been offered an upgrade for a new device. I choose the Watch-Plan pair deal and I got the Galaxy Watch 6.

I couldn't pair the watch plan on my new watch and I called them and after a long chat they raised an investigation and the outcome was that EE watch plans and Galaxy Watch 6 are not compatible 🤦🏻‍♂️. And their suggestion is to connect my watch with my phone through Bluetooth and use it like this😤

So I'm paying for a watch plan which has 24 months contract and I cannot use it on my new Galaxy Watch 6 which I bought from EE directly and which is combined with this Watch plan.

This is absurd and ridiculous.

Why EE sells a deal of a Watch Plan combined with a Watch (which released on 2023) when you cannot use them together? And there are no information about this ridiculous issue on EE's website. It's like you getting an EE Mobile Plan and a mobile from EE but you cannot use the data, calls, or texts from this Mobile plan to that mobile and EE doesn't warn you about this. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Grozos,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

We offer both paired and standalone data plans for the Galaxy Watch 6.

What type of phone are you trying to pair your watch with?

James

My phone is a Google Pixel 7 Pro and the message I get from Samsung's Wear app is that ee doesn't offer a watch plan for this watch.  And I also contacted with EE and they confirmed that 

Screenshot_20230913-155503.png

Christopher_G

Hi @Grozos 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry, but the Samsung Watch plans are only compatible with Samsung phones. 

How do I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G? | Help | EE

Chris

I understand and in that case EE should add this requirement on the details about this watch section instead of selling Watch Plans to users they won't be able to use. 

Also if this is a known requirement about the Galaxy Watch Plans why when I called the technical support didn't know it right away? And they never asked me if I use Samsung galaxy mobile device and they were keep trying to solve the issue and from what you telling me on your answer above it's not a issue but a well known requirement. To add one more unprofessional support from EE is that the second agent I was transfered my phone call to, he told me to try and connect my watch plan everyday and it might connect somehow. 

Also before I receive my Galaxy Watch 6 when I called again EE support I asked if I have to order a replacement Esim for the new watch because I was using a different Smartwatch the answer was that the Esim and the Watch Plan will automatically connect to my new watch. Again there were no question which brand mobile device I use or anything else. 

This is the epitome of unprofessionalism and mockery... 😠

Just encountering this issue too. I have a Google Pixel 8 Pro and recently bought a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. Couldn't set up the plan on the watch so called EE only to be told the same thing as above. I don't *want* a Samsung phone. I want to be able to use both the devices I have as they were intended - and was never advised by EE that this couldn't be done until my new smart device arrived. This is not a good situation, EE, and one that I didn't encounter with my previous provider; please fix it.

Leanne_T

Hi @niknax 

I am sorry you would need to use have a pay monthly account and a compatible Samsung phone with the Samsung Watch to activate a cellular connection. 

Leanne.

Hi, currently have the same issue, just set up the watch. 

If it's true that's a serious case off miss advertising. 

I'll visit an EE store next year, if it can't be fixed it's going back. 

@Hun_Bela   Does it state anywhere in the sales advertising that you can use these two devices together?      As that would be miss advertising.    It doesn’t have to state you can’t use them together.   and perhaps you should be reading THIS  before you get something that you assumed will be compatible.  

please note the 

Note: Your device may not be compatible depending on the region, carrier, or model.”