Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Ultra USB connecting to computer issues

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi.

I have just received my S22 Ultra and so far I am loving it, but I have an issue connecting it to my computer for file transfer.

I connect it the puter and it starts to charge, but that's it. There is no pop up asking what you want to do, No idea why or where to look for an answer..

Also, I want my home screens to carousel, but they don't. 

Can anyone help with these issues?

Thanks

Tracy

31 REPLIES 31
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Look in File Manager for a "drive" named as your Galaxy. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If your using Win7 or 10 upwards then your need to let the PC to load the Drivers for the Phone, it will probably want to Install the USB Drivers so you can use the Phone as a Removable Storage, it may also Install the Phone as a USB Modem so you can Tether direct from the Phone.

Depending on the Sammy Phone Build Firmware you may also need to activate Developer Mode and then configure USB Debugging or USB Configuration.

If youve tried too many attempts of connecting the Phone via USB and it hasn't loaded the Driver for the Phone then you can try a different USB Port and or Connect the Phone and reboot the PC and leave it to fully Boot Up.

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Thanks for that..

There's no 'Galaxy' listed anywhere. 😞

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi

I'm using Win 11.

I've checked 3 different cables, (all 3 work with my Huawei), Will only connect the S22 as a charger.

I've also enabled the USB debugging.

I can transfer files via bluetooth, but only files, not folders.

It's so much easier via USB.. So any other thoughts you could share.. please and thank you!

Tracy

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Dragon_ 

Make sure your phone is unlocked (on the home screen) and then plug in the cable to your phone. You will hear windows bleep and a pop up in your phone will say allow this. Device access to your files - click yes and then the windows auto driver installation will activate asking you what you want to do etc. 

If you click on the quick settings when connected you can enter the USB settings 

Screenshot_20220620-162539_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20220620-162553_Settings.jpg

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Dragon_ 

By carousel do you mean dynamic? 

Look under settings wallpaper services - lockscreen wallpaper services. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi..

After I plug the cable into the S22,  for a split second I get the 'Charging' window, then it goees to the home screen..

In the pull down menu, it is listed as 'Cable Charging' And no popup.

I've tried 3 diff cables.

Screenshot_20220620-172418_One UI Home.jpg

It's quite weird!

Tracy

Dragon_
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi

I just had a look at the dynamic thing, and that's not what I mean..

If I have 3 screens, I can swipe right or left and just keep swiping, it goes round and around.

As it is now, when you hit the last screen, you can't swipes, and have to go the opposite direction.. I bet that was as plain as mud!!

Tracy

Hi @Dragon_ 

Click on cable charging and then it takes you into USB settings. Then make sure the settings are same as the second image. 

Thanks