cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iWatch won’t connect to network - tariff issue?

Midlifecrisis
Explorer

Recently upgraded to a series 8 iwatch…. Took a long time to arrive, but that’s that.

now trying to connect to network and it’s having none of it.

i get the following:

Oops. Something's not quite right.

It looks like you've selected 'Set up for Myself' which isn't compatible with the price plan you have bought.

To complete set-up with your current price plan, click 'Cancel', then re-pair your Apple Watch and select 'Set up for a Family Member'

however when I try the other way it won’t let me ad it says it’s supposed to be for someone else so can’t use same itunes account!  

i just want my watch to work as my previous one…..  have I possibly selected the wrong tariff when upgrading?!  Even if I have, why is it flat out blocking me from getting the watch on the network?!

there was nothing on the tariff saying it had to be a separate user?!  Someone help, already tried 150….  First time recommended turning wifi off…. No difference.  Second time ran out of patience waiting on hold 🤣

can i get the tariff changed so i can connect the damn thing as per my previous watch?! 

2 REPLIES 2
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Midlifecrisis

Welcome to the community and thanks for upgrading with us. 

Has your old watch been disconnected from your phone?

Katie

Hi,

been in touch will call centre couple of times - straight through in mornings!

i was on a family plan, so that has been changed to the shared plan. 

however there are other issues on your (EE’s) end which will not allow my watch to connect, apparently I have a missing MTAS profile - and that’s an issue with yourselves and apparently there’s no known fix at the moment.  So potentially my watch may never connect to the network, or may work when a fix is found.   I’ve been given the option of ending contract as Im within my 14 days….  
Would rather keep the watch, however currently paying for a plan that won’t be able to be used due to technical issues on EE’s side.