Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad cellular signal not working

Peggy14
Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys

i have an 8th gen iPad with cellular, mainly for use at work

After the last update I have been unable to connect to mobile signal. I have tried all the iPad answers to reset the network settings but to no avail. I’m just getting aggravated as I’m paying for a system that I cannot use

please help

14 REPLIES 14
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Peggy14 

Welcome to the community.

What happens when you manually search for the EE network?

Chris

Hi Chris,

if I try to search for a signal via Settings> Mobile Data, I get a screen that shows Select Network Provider and lists GigSky, RedteaGO, Truphone and other. If I click on other it asks me to Set up Mobile Service, either transfer from Nearby iPad or using QR code, neither of which I have.

Am totally confused, any help greatfully appreciated 

Christopher_G

Do you have a physical SIM, or were you using an eSIM, @Peggy14?

Chris

Using  a physical sim bud

even tried removing and replacing the sim but to no avail 

Christopher_G

Does the SIM card work in another device, @Peggy14? Just trying to find out if this could be a problem with the SIM.

Chris

Just tried sim in phone and no signal at all

Christopher_G

OK, thank @Peggy14 

Seems like it could be a problem with the SIM. I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can check your account for you.

Chris

Maxpower1
Contributor
Contributor

I’m having exactly the same problem, only getting the same networks you get.p on my phone and iPad.

EE were unable to help so passed it up to second level, guy answered the phone said he would be with me in 2 minutes, never heard another thing. I even took my IPad in Apple Genius Desk and they couldn’t find why it was not working properly.

Strangely it started working a few days later, but now the same thing has happened again. I know it’s not my phone as I have a dual sim setup and the other companies sim works fine.

i have tried 3 EE sims just to eliminate that as the problem.

its a nightmare. 

Maxpower1
Contributor
Contributor

Please see my posting above. I have eliminated the sims by trying 3 new ones.