cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim issue with new phone

Robes77
Investigator
Investigator

Changed sim from one Apple to device to another and sim stopped working. Ordered a new sim but that also doesn’t work.

Tried the activate new sim form on EE.co.uk and it says it will text an activation code to the phone but the phone cannot receive it because the sim is not active and therefore the phone has no signal to receive a text message!

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Robes77,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Does the original SIM still work in your old phone?

James

Hi James

Many thanks for the reply as finding this quite frustrating.  Had phones for years with EE (now have 5 on my account for the whole family) and never had a single issue.

Unfortunately it doesn’t, I’ve tried putting the original sim back in the old phone and it just says ‘no sim’.

Thank you, Neil

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Robes77,

Have you tried giving the SIM a quick clean with a dry cloth and making sure it is inserted the correct way around?

Moving the SIM from one phone to another wouldn't deactivate it at an account level.

Do you remember being asked if you wanted to switch to eSIM when setting up the new phone? That would deactivate your physical SIM.

James

Yes phone suggested switching to eSIM (had never heard of this or done it before) so followed the instructions and tried to set up an eSIM.

it seemed to set up but just didn’t work and the phone (my son’s in this instance) never got a mobile or 4G signal. Left it for a week to see if would sort itself out but no joy so ordered and paid for a new physical SIM assuming that would resolve the problem. Unfortunately have put the new sim in today and still nothing works.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The attempt to migrate to an eSIM may well have deactivated your existing physical SIM. I would recommend contacting CS, they have access to your individual account, which will assist with advising the next course of action.