cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightphone 2

Rbobbins
Investigator
Investigator

Hi EE, please could you consider adding the Lightphone 2 to your supported devices?

Most other UK carriers support this phone, but you do not.

thelightphone.com

35 REPLIES 35

Hi @MonsterGlobe

We wouldn't be able to contact the company directly I'm afraid.

I would advise contacting our customer care team about this issue, to see if they can find out why this isn't working. 

Thanks 

Chris

I am also interested in using the Light Phone with EE. Will this be possible soon?

Did you get anywhere with this @MonsterGlobe

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Do you have a Light Phone 2 already, @twinnybriggsy?

Chris

@twinnybriggsy   The device supports the bandwidths that EE use  and the manufacturer says it works with BT,   BT is an MVNO network that uses EEs network.  EE can not do anything to make a device work on the network network the device has to be made/built/manufactured  to work on a network by supporting the bandwidths that the network uses.    The device was made to support the bandwidths that EE uses as the manufacturer claims it works with BT and BT use the EE network as they are a MVNO network.

EE can not flick a switch to make a device work on the network it’s all device based by the device being made to support the bandwidths a network uses. 

here are EEs bandwidths,  this is what a device has to support to work on the EE network.  EE can not make a device work on the network as it’s all device based. 

F3D45665-5DF8-4593-8043-0485B360587C.jpeg

Hi EE,

I've been following this thread with interest. I have a Light Phone II and my EE SIM works in it for the following:

• Texts to EE phones
  • Texts to non-EE phones
  • Calls to non-EE phones

But it does not currently work for:

• Calls to EE phones

Please could you advise on what might work as a solution, whether a setting needs to be changed on my SIM in order for it to work fully?

For background, I am using a SIM that has been used in an iPhone for many years and has not been replaced.

Thanks.

James_B

Hi @Deiniol19,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

There are no SIM specific settings that can be changed to make a phone compatible with a particular network. As mentioned on the manufacturer's website, the phone isn't compatible with the EE network.

James

Thanks James.

A quick glance through the above discussion suggests that the phone is compatible with EE, even though EE is not listed as a compatible carrier. Research elsewhere also shows that the phone is used by many EE customers in the UK.

But, if you can confirm that this is not the case, then that would be helpful.

Thanks.

James_B

Hi @Deiniol19,

The manufacturer has confirmed on their website that their device isn't compatible with the EE network. Please contact them directly for further information.

James

Hi Deiniol19,

As others have said the Lightphone 2 won't work on the EE network. I faced the same problem with mine and eventually had to buy my way out of my contract and switch to Vodafone. Really glad I did as the Lightphone 2 is great. I'm not constantly on social media and have a decent small phone that can now to speak to type as well. Hope you manage to switch and enjoy your LIghtphone