cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calls drop after 29 mins 50 secs

MartinGW
Explorer

My Google Pixel 6 Pro drops WiFi calls after precisely 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I have heard of other people having this problem and solving it by disabling WiFi calling in their account (not on the device), but I can't see any settings on the ee app to do this.

Had anyone eagle experienced this problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advance 👍

11 REPLIES 11
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @MartinGW 

It's automatic and you'll need to speak to EE CS on 150. 

It sounds like your device firmware as I've a S22 ultra and mine has never cuts off, none of my Samsung phones have. I would suggest you ask on the Google/pixel community forums. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does the same thing happen to VoLTE calls made over the 4G mobile network?

No, it only happens when calling over wifi.

N88
Investigator
Investigator

Was this ever resolved? I am experiencing this issue (Pixel 6 pro dropping all WiFi calls after 29m 50s) as well. I can see from searching online that Vodafone successfully fixed this issue (although it took nearly a year) for their customers.

As with Vodafone, placing the call on hold and then resuming means that the call won't drop at the 29m 50s mark.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @N88,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing dropped calls.

Please get in touch with Technical Support so a member of the team can take a look at this for you.

They'll be happy to help.

James

Unfortunately I contacted them before seeing and replying to the message here. They simply told me that no one else was experiencing this issue and that I should call Google tech support. Not really an impressive response.

James_B

Have you contacted Google Support @N88?

James

Yes. Google told me that WiFi calling on Pixel phones depends upon the mobile provider correctly supporting this feature. Since EE advertises that their service works with Pixel phones and since the device is working to specification (because it works correctly with Vodafone's WiFi calling service) it must be EE who is responsible for correcting the issue with their service in regard to Pixel phones.

Not the most helpful of responses, but it seems to be a fair point. EE advertise that the Pixel 6 Pro is compatible with the EE WiFi calling feature and therefore it seems that they would be the only ones that can fix this fault.

I've called EE support again and the agent this time was much more helpful. I'm expecting a call back next week. I will reply again here with an update afterwards.

Christopher_G

Thanks for the update, @N88 

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Chris