cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone not working in Australia

Pondhopper
Explorer

I have exact the same problem. Arrived in Sydney yesterday. Bought the Roam Further pass before leaving the UK and it shows on my account.  I’ve tried all the usual remedies: toggle flight mode, software update, turn off auto network connect and select a different provider, switch mobile off and on but to no avail. My partner is also will EE but on android and his mobile is working fine!

I’m a very frustrated customer and have no way of getting help from EE either 😞

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Yours appears to be a different problem and has been split into a new post.

You've referred to purchasing a billing add-on, but have not mentioned enabling the roaming facility which is crucial to having coverage abroad. That is the usual remedy to an "I have no coverage abroad" scenario - did you text ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK?

Without having done that, anything else is futile and your only remedy now is as per the thread you originally added to - contact EE CS from another means, and request roaming is activated. That can ether be from another working phone, or via a web-calling app such as Skype over a WiFi connection.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you! Did as you suggested and CS sorted me out - just have to wait for the update to take effect - fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help - really appreciated.