cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM not provisioned but old SIM stopped

Adam0188
Visitor

Looking for help please.

I've been trouble shooting with call centre around how my phone hasn't been really working as a phone outside of being on WiFi (calls not connecting, sometimes saying not registered on network, data barely ever working and if so stopping shortly after). This was causing some safety issues as wasn't contactable outside of good WiFi.

(I have to add the new IVR they have makes calling the call centre an absolute nightmare. Once through they are still very helpful though)

After going through potential steps they decided to send me a new SIM.

I've gone through the process of registering the new sim (it's been 24 hours). In that time it's deactivated my old sim but not activated the new one. I'm not unable to make any calls, so can't call the call centre or 150. Now both sim cards are 'not provisioned'. 

Outside of getting to an EE store is there any way to get help??

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Adam0188 wrote:

I've gone through the process of registering the new sim (it's been 24 hours). In that time it's deactivated my old sim but not activated the new one. I'm not unable to make any calls, so can't call the call centre or 150. Now both sim cards are 'not provisioned'. 

Most often a deactivation/activation is pretty quick and certainly both ends of the process should be simultaneous. It can take upto 24hours and this is standard advice, but if your old SIM has been deactivated, then self-evidently that timescale doesn't apply.

You can contact EE CS from any working phone, it need not be yours or even an EE mobile. 07953 966150 or 0800 0798586 can be called from anywhere, and should be your next call. An EE store is your alternative, and potentially allows for another SIM to be supplied immediately - should that be deemed necessary.