cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA PASS NETWORK ISSUES IN INDIA

nailamughal
Explorer

Hi I am in India and I set up using data pass but I not getting connected, no network.

i can only use WiFi in hotel 

please help as I stranded, I can’t even call EE

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @nailamughal 

If you haven't activated roaming on your account then pass will not work. You'll need to download Skype and use the number in my signature to speak to EE CS to activate roaming.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
No number
Sent from my iPhone
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks.

On pay-monthly, this needs to be enabled manually - usually by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

If you now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.