Hi there can anyone advise me about using my mobile in Eygpt please

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Nath81 

It is very expensive. Please see EE roaming page here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-costs/countries/egypt

You also need to ensure roaming is activated on your account. Text ROAMING to 150 and check Inn your EE app. Also ensure international calls and text are activated.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Nath81, when in Egypt, for data, I would suggest using Wifi where possible, this should cost you nothing, but for phone calls you will see in the link @Northerner  has given you, you can pay a fee to make calls whilst there, but there is also a limit as to how many minutes you can use for free. Lovely country, enjoy, people are very friendly, but will try and sell things, street sellers everywhere, remember to haggle!

On top of what @Northerner  has written, make sure that call abroad and premium calls are enabled.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi @Nath81 

If you intend to use wi-fi use a VPN as you don't know who is watching. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.