No Service indoors

SaraBlend
Investigator
Investigator

My EE mobile service keeps dropping out when I'm at home. But when out it's okay. I have to stand outside my front door (often in the rain) to make a call. I've already missed important calls from the hospital, so this is really affecting my life! Please help

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

There's two parts to this.

1: If this is a location you've previously had indoor coverage, use the "check status" option on https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-coverage-checker to report the loss of service for further investigation.

2: Regardless of any fault situation, EE's WiFi-calling service allows you full use of your phone anywhere you have indoor coverage issues for whatever reason - providing you have a WiFi connection, which your post on here suggests you do.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Re: part 1 - when I go to 'check status' the page loads blank. And there's nowhere to report an outage 

Screenshot_20240503-174617-401.png

Part 2: I do have good WiFi, but phone just says no service.

Do you have any other means of contacting EE (like email)? It is really hard to phone you about service problems when I have no service. 

I would go outside to make a call, but I'm a wheelchair user and it's pretty hard for me to do that on my own.

What model of phone do you have? WiFi-calling is normally within the phone settings menu. There is no email contact for EE-CS, but this forum can perform the same function.

I have a moto g(9) plus. It's a 4G phone, could that be the problem?

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Quite an old phone by current standards, there was a thread from 2021 regarding WiFi-calling on it: According to a couple of online guides, the menu option should be under Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced > WiFi-calling.

As regards the fault reporting, have you previously had service indoors in this area? The status checker is working OK for me on a full-size laptop screen.