cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No explanation for sudden loss of connection everywhere and why is my data 1

GAScott
Investigator
Investigator

EE data connection stopped working. Have plenty of data. 3 / 4 bars signal strength swapped phone and exactly the same problem. Suspect sim but no way of checking. As I have spent the last 5 hours trying to fix this it would help if I could leave a message ticket with EE technical support to get back but to me to  sometime. I would guess this message will be answered by bots.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After contacting EE technical help on 150  it turned out the account only had 2G. 4G activated and the phone connected straight away.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @GAScott

Welcome to the community.

Has your data stopped working within one specific location?

If yes, have you been able to check for any known issues using the Network Checker?

Katie

In Response to Kayie_Bot     I've tried using the same EE sim in 2  phones and although I have full strength signal in both phones the data is not working in any location on these two phones . I have a third phone  with a different EE account /sim   in the same location and data is working. I have tried the Network Checker and there is Exelent coverage in the area. I have credit and Data Allowance.  Whats my best option to sort this?

KarenJC
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve had same thing , they sent me a new SIM card but still isn’t working a week later ! Waiting for someone to contact me ! Mine was ok until 2 weeks ago when I got a text saying my ‘Data boost has expired’ …… as soon as I leave my house no 4G or connection !  

Thanks for the info. I really suspected that the phone had a hidden setting that was stopping the data and then the sim but just can't be sure. This has been going on for months. I thought at first it must be the signal dropping out but eventually I worked it out I just wasn't getting any use of the EE data connection even though the phone shows full signal. This is quite a serious problem for anyone who relies on communication via Data.

Thank you
Best Regards
GAScott
James_B

Is the affected SIM able to use data if you put it the phone that is working with an EE SIM @GAScott?

What response do you get if you text BALANCE to 150?

James

Hello James B

After texting BALANCE on the affected phone, the reply was 6GB Data Available plus plenty of credit.

After placing the affected Sim card into a phone previously working with data then the phone could not connect to the internet using Data.

The working sim worked in both phones.

This means that Iv now tried the affected sim in 3 Phones and it will not connect to the data connection.

Thank you
Best Regards
GAScott
Leanne_T

Thanks for trying @GAScott 

Please call us on 150 and our tech guides will get this looked into and if needed can send you a replacement SIM card to your home address. 

Leanne.

After contacting EE technical help on 150  it turned out the account only had 2G. 4G activated and the phone connected straight away.