cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have abroad pass but suddenly it stopped

satkros
Explorer

I travelled a lot to EU and this time the abroad pass worked for 2 days. Then suddenly it stopped 2 days ago and it shows a question marks on my connection.

I am in France now and it asked me to logged in to ORANGE F but when I clicked it, it asked me to put a higher spend cap. I raised it but it still doesn't work. I called the CS already and they already turn the roaming on again but I still couldn't connect to any provider. I literally put a more expensive one to have abroad pass , but now it doesn't work at all. 

I tried everything, taking out sim, restarting, reinstall APN, manually network and still it doesn't work.

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @satkros 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your phone. I recommend getting back in touch with our Mobile Care team so that they can continue with the troubleshooting and hopefully help you get connected.

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. A spend cap doesn't apply to the Roam Abroad Pass.
  2. You shouldn't need to mess about with the APN in order to roam. You should still be using the same APN as in UK.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@satkros wrote:

I literally put a more expensive one to have abroad pass

You appear to be confusing the "ability to roam" (free, and enables network access) with the "cost of roaming" (choice of billing add-on). It's a very common mistake.

Altering billing add-ons has no bearing on whether you can roam in the first place. If you have a mobile network connection abroad, your roaming facility is working.

satkros
Explorer

In the end, EE admitted their error in their system, I did all the best thing they would recommend, including the SPEND CAP (eventhough it wouldnt be taken) and APN new installation. But the error was on their system, after more or less 30 minutes talking with the CS, they finally resolved it via online from UK for EE number in France.

So there is a solution, just need to push the operator really hard. Again, not the best service I would expected to have, I expected that I dont have to call service centre for something that I paid to make it work properly.