cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double data

Stoker66
Visitor

I’ve just been sent a text saying that I’ve qualified for double data from text number 1122. Is this an authentic number from EE or is it a scam?

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stoker66 

Thanks for coming here. 

If the offer was because you are an EE and BT customer this is a genuine message. You can activate this by following the information in the text message. 

Leanne.

EERichKent
Explorer

Hi, I received the same text at lunchtime today. I was very sceptical! There’s some negative comments as well as positive ones, as I’m sure you’ve discovered yourself. However, I logged into my EE account via their iOS app and after a little scrolling through their ads/offers, one of their featured offers is in fact for ‘double data’ by ‘simply texting DOUBLE to 1122’, exactly the same as in the text. I was therefore reassured and replied to the original text as advertised. Within a minute or two I received a text from 150 confirming my success. On checking my account via the iOS app again, my data had indeed doubled. I’m very pleased but what a shockingly terrible way for such a company to communicate.

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming here and letting us know @EERichKent 

Leanne.

kyffin
Explorer

Thanks for the above. I would like it confirmed that this is actually a NO COST upgrade please. Thx in advance 🙂

Thanks for the above. I would like it confirmed that this is actually a NO COST upgrade please. Thx in advance 

Katie_B

Hi @kyffin

This is a genuine EE text and there is no additional cost. 

Katie

I can confirm that it was a no cost upgrade for me.