cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EE Sim in 4G Router - Device Connection Problems

Coolkwai
Investigator
Investigator

Hi! I have similar issue with my Huawei mobile router, just wonder if you have solved the problem and how. Thank! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Coolkwai  It could be your Switching Content Lock OFF or ON . It is switched on on new & upgraded contracts & seems to affect social sites. If just switching it OFF doesn't help, try switching it to STRICT, reboot your device and then switching it to OFF. That is seeming to do the trick.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Coolkwai : Which problem is that exactly? A number have been raised in this thread & have been solved or explained.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have just purchased unlimited data sim and put it in my Huawei 311 Mobile Router, the signal is good, but when I connected my phone with the router, it said no internet connection. The most strange thing was that I still can play youtube (I turned off the mobile data of my mobile phone already), can access the internet, but Telegram, Wechat, whatsapp and facebook said no internet connection. I have tried all the method mentioed in this community regarding the content control but still failed. I put the sim card of 3 UK in the router, I have no problem with this. I tried to reset the router, restarted the mobile phone, but the problem still exist. Pls advise what I can do? Thanks!

@Coolkwai  It could be your Switching Content Lock OFF or ON . It is switched on on new & upgraded contracts & seems to affect social sites. If just switching it OFF doesn't help, try switching it to STRICT, reboot your device and then switching it to OFF. That is seeming to do the trick.

Thank you for your reply.

This method has been tried before, it does not work. 

Hi @Coolkwai,

Do other mobile phone devices connect to the router and work correctly?

Once you know if the issue is with the EE SIM in the router or the mobile phone, I would recommend calling our Technical Care Team who will be able to help you further.

Alex 🙂

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, same problem to other phone when accessing telegram, wechat. However, if I put the sim card into my mobile phone, there is no problem to access the soical media including telegram, wechat..etc. The porblem happens only for those phone connected through router or hotspot wifi. So If my mobile phone connected router wifi, I cannot received any message from the social app. As mentioned before, the router is normally working with other company sim card. Pls help. I need to decide to cancel the contract if it cannot be solved. Thanks

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Coolkwai

I'd recommend following @Alex_S' advice and speak to our technical support team. They'll do their best to help you get connected to your apps.

Chris

The_Bear
Visitor

So I have had this problem for ages. - Very Frustrating.

My set up: EE sim only in a Huawei router

The predefined parental controls were set to moderate and was blocking lots of websites including HSBC!

I switched it to Full Access on the EE parental control panel for that SIM (not Medium - the preset - or strict) - restarted the router - Bang! - Hello HSBC!

Hope this helps others.