cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifted family 2nd EE sim 25GB data 3wks ago but not added to there SIM????.

IMBLOODYSKINT
Contributor
Contributor

So,

Now they have used there 5gb EE have messaged them saying no more data so they will be put on slow data speed. The 25GB data I gifted to them was taken from my 125GB plan YET its not been added onto there 5gb data plan ?????

Both SIMS/Numbers are on the same account.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So,

Managed to speak to a nice girl/lady at EE customer services who made me smile when she said, "thats Lush" and after 5min ish of explaining and her checking account she added 20gb to my data so I gifted it to mothers sim AND this time it worked. Hoping it continues to work from now. Thanks again for all your help/messages James.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Where are you & when is your billing date?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

UK. Both sim only contracts started beginning of this month on the same account and I have already been billed/money taken for the 1st sim.

Also,

When I Checked my account the 2nd sim does show that I gifted that sim 25gb on the 5th September and as I have said the 25gb was taken from my 125gb data allowance.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @IMBLOODYSKINT,

Has the recipient's allowances refreshed since your gifted the data? Gifted data doesn't roll over into the next billing period.

James

No both sims are still in there 1st month of contract and don't reset until beginning of next month.  

I wrongly assumed that when her 5gb ran out it would reset to 25gb. 

James_B

Thanks for checking @IMBLOODYSKINT

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can take a look at your account.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

Thnaks James,

IF the online EE starts working and not coming up with sorry there is a problem rightnow AND the MYEE app actually works again today and stops asking me to set passcode AGAIN an AGAIN ++++ and then going black after I do that I will try doing an online chat before trying calling them.

James_B

Hi @IMBLOODYSKINT,

You can start a live chat from Contact us. They'll also be able to raise a ticket for the issue you're seeing in My EE.

Hope this helps.

James

Thanks James,

I have tried doing that 5-6 times and again just now and the "A 'Start conversation' button will appear in a few moments during opening hours " never appeared.

James_B

Hi @IMBLOODYSKINT,

The start conversation button will only appear when an agent is available. Please be patient while waiting to be connected.

Thanks

James