Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data

AndyH12
Investigator
Investigator

Hello there,

I bought a Fairphone with a new SIM on a plan last week but the mobile data don't appear to work. I've tried setting up a new APN with the instruction as found here on the forum, but to no avail. There is also an eSIM in the phone, but I have disabled it.

Any suggestions what to do next?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem solved. It turned out to be an entirely different problem. My account was suspended because an initial payment had not gone through.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @AndyH12 

Tried these settings?

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/mms-not-sending-phone-coop/32548

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi Northerner,

None of those links are working here...

I've done a reset on the mobile network and wifi and set up a new APN using the details in this forum, but that hasn't worked.

I did notice that I am able to connect to 3G (though the internet does not work), but it won't connect to LTE....

Update: also the same problem on my old phone. I'm apparently also unable to send texts so it might not just be a data problem. Unless someone has any other suggestions, I'll go back to the shop tomorrow and change the SIM for a new one.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AndyH12

Let us know how you get on in store, it would be great to know how you get this sorted.

Chris

Problem solved. It turned out to be an entirely different problem. My account was suspended because an initial payment had not gone through.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Mystery solved. Thanks for letting us know, @AndyH12.

Glad you got to the bottom of it.

Chris