cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EE Data SIM On A Pixel 7, 4G Connected But "No Internet Connection"

KenAppleby
Investigator
Investigator

I have a new EE data SIM installed in a Pixel 7. The Internet settings show "EE, 4G" and the settings show that data is being used, because the reported usage is going up.

But no applications can operate. They all say "no internet". The mobile data connection icon, the triangle in the upper right of the screen, shows an exclamation mark.

It appears that applications can connect, but no data are downloaded.

I have attempted to add a new Access Point Name for EE. I have reset the APN settings. But nothing works.

Can anyone please help or advise?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
KenAppleby
Investigator
Investigator

I have a new EE data SIM installed in a Pixel 7. The Internet settings show "EE, 4G" and the settings show that data is being used, because the reported usage is going up.

But no applications can operate. They all say "no internet". The mobile data connection icon, the triangle in the upper right of the screen, shows an exclamation mark.

I have attempted to add a new Access Point Name for EE. I have reset the APN settings. But nothing works.

Thanks

KenAppleby
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@KenAppleby : Why post 3 repetitions? It won't be answered any quicker! Also breaks Community rules.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @KenAppleby

Welcome to the community.

Is your data SIM pay as you go or pay monthly?

Katie

KenAppleby
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

It's Pay-as-you-go.

Thanks.

Ken

What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

KenAppleby
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

AL to 150 just reports current balance for SMS. Nothing about data connection.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us @KenAppleby

Are you aware if the SIM has been activated?

Katie

The information that came with ths SIM says it doesn't need activating.

The strange thing is that the phone settings say "EE Connected 4G". And the status bar says 4G. The status icon, the triangle on the upper right, has an exclamation mark.

I have tried a BT SIM in the phone and ithat works fine.

Thanks.