cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mobile data isn't working

benwray
Visitor

It says on the website that I have all of my mobile data available but when I turn mobile data on it doesn't work. Anyone know why?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you 🙂

I'm on a contract, but I think I've solved the issue?

In my settings app it said I didn't have a sim card even though there is one in there, but i noticed the cartridge has three slots so when I moved the sim to a different slot and put it back in, it now seems to be working again. Might just be a problem with that slot rather than my actual data.

Thanks for the speedy response either way 🙂

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @benwray 

Thanks for coming here. 

What happens when you try and use apps and the internet on your device?

Which device are you using?

Can you make calls and send texts? 

Leanne 🙂

Hello,

I've been having the same issue this month, if I'm connected to wifi then everything works like normal, and I can still send texts and call through data when out, but if I try to turn on mobile data to use the internet, it just doesnt work. 

Everything was working until my data was supposed to refresh on the 27th of last month, then I started having this issue. The little 4G symbol doesn't show up either.

Christopher_G

Hi @Ethan311 

Welcome to the community.

Are you on contract or pay as you go?

Chris

Thank you 🙂

I'm on a contract, but I think I've solved the issue?

In my settings app it said I didn't have a sim card even though there is one in there, but i noticed the cartridge has three slots so when I moved the sim to a different slot and put it back in, it now seems to be working again. Might just be a problem with that slot rather than my actual data.

Thanks for the speedy response either way 🙂

Christopher_G

Ah that's great, @Ethan311 🙂

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it. 

Chris 

Hi. I'm actually at an airport....was using data fine yesterday then today logged in to the airport wifi (had to stay overnight die to flight cancelled) now data would take work at all...loads of data left on package....restarted phone...tried to choose eek from networks....airplane mode on and off.......nothing working!!!! Help!

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Irishleyburn 

Where are you currently, and what phone are you using?

Jon

SR76
Explorer

Hi,

I've been having the same issue for about a week now. I have plenty of data left but cannot connect to the internet using mobile data. Normal wifi connection to the internet at home works fine but I cannot connect using mobile data anywhere (home, work or out and about).

Simon

Leanne_T

Hi @SR76 

Thanks for coming here. 

What device are you using? 

Do you have data allowance remaining? 

Leanne 🙂