cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile Data not working on social media apps

stellatownsendx
Explorer

does anybody know why my data is on and i have 49Gb left but its not working on snapchat tiktok or insta and whatsapp? 

its annoying me as i can use safari , get notifications but nothings sending 

sort it out

thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @stellatownsendx

Thanks for coming here. 

Do these apps work OK on WiFi?

Katie

stellatownsendx
Explorer

yes they do 

thank you for replying 

stellatownsendx
Explorer

ive done everything possible, reset network, reset phone, used airplane mode, updated phone, checked sim, deleted apps and photos to free space, content lock, 

Katie_B

That's strange @stellatownsendx

Have you been able to check in your phone settings that the apps have mobile data enabled?

Katie

stellatownsendx
Explorer

yes ive done all that too, all have it enabled

with mobile data on, i get notifications but the apps do not work go send anything when i go in it, or i cant see the notification be sent.

i have mobile data left and everyone elses is working in my house too

Katie_B

It sounds like you have done everything we could recommend here on the community @stellatownsendx

I would recommend giving us a call and reporting this to our technical care team. 

The team will be able to complete a full diagnostics. 

Katie

i would do that but i have to be at places soon and will need to contact people so im not sure what to do

do you know how long the call will take as i have to leave in 10 minutes and obviously my data wont work when im out

Katie_B

Our lines for technical care open at 8am and are open till 9pm @stellatownsendx

When you are out the house can you make calls and send texts OK?

Katie

nothing works outside the house only imessages work and phone calls on the phone app but not whatsapp or any other apps at all.