cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double data text. Is it a scam or real.

Georgie1745
Investigator
Investigator

Received a text from EE. Double data. BT and are one family etc, reply by texting DOUBLE. Is it a scam or fr9m EE please. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Georgie1745 and @Captusername,

Are you BT Halo customers? If you are, you can get double data on your EE mobile plan by following the instructions in the text.

James

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Captusername
Visitor

Hi Georgie, I had same but have not pressed in case a scam, also it doesn't list the terms and conditions. It would be great if it's genuine without any catches but I've tried to contact EE to check it out without success.

Think we need to wait to see what info we get on here.

James_B

Hi @Georgie1745 and @Captusername,

Are you BT Halo customers? If you are, you can get double data on your EE mobile plan by following the instructions in the text.

James

Thanks it worked

James_B

No problem @Georgie1745 🙂

Enjoy your extra data!

James

I just phoned EE Customer Support  and was told that they do not send messages from 1122. This could be a scam and was advised to block the number !!

Be careful. If in doubt phone EE CS yourself and don't just take some ones word for it.

James_B

Hi @TH00,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂 

This is a genuine text from BT. It is being sent to their Broadband customers who also have a mobile account with EE.

James

It has worked and my account, which I independently logged into, is upgraded. 

It is hard to know what is genuine - if we could see these messages also jn the app it would be reassuring as.then we could independently verify they are genuine. Maybe this could be passed on as feedback?

James_B

Thanks for your feedback @Georgie1745 🙂

I'll pass it on to the right people for you.

James