cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text offering me double data

Lyndseymid82
Explorer

Hi I’ve had a text from 1122 offering me double data for free as I’m a bt and ee customer. This would be very helpful - but is the text message legitimate? Or is it a scam? Thanks 😊 

42 REPLIES 42
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Lyndseymid82 

Does the text give you any instructions on what you need to do?

Jon

I had the same text. Here's what it says

Hi XXXXXX

We've noticed that you've run out data more than once in the last 6 months. Not to worry, we've got something for you. 

Because you're an EE and BT customer, we can double-up the data on your plan. Totally free. 

So, you can double-up on gaming, chatting and streaming.

Simply reply DOUBLE to 1121

Terms apply. Text STOP to 2040 to opt out from all text message marketing.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Chuffy66 

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team so they can check your account and make sure you're eligible. 

Jon

Hi Jon, I thought you guys were the customer care team! 😂 You must be able to let me know if the number is legitimate or not surely!? The text is exactly the same as the one posted above. Is the text from you guys or not? 
Many thanks

Lyndsey

Ive had the same text. Does anybody know if its too good to be true?

Gangan69
Explorer

Its not a scam. Ive just had mine added ☺️

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lyndseymid82 @Chuffy66 @Gangan69,

I can confirm that is a genuine BT/EE offer.

Enjoy your double data!

James

We're on a family sim.  My son has had this text message, but I have not. I'm the main account holder.  Why has he received it and I haven't?  Can we get the double data if he replies to the text? Thanks.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @suzie121,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It could be that your son's phone is setup as the lead phone on the account. Our Customer Care Team may be able to amend this if you get in touch.

Thanks

James