cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data disappeared

Zh8rr
Investigator
Investigator

This is the second time this has happened now. I checked my ee app the other day and I had 9/10GB left. I went out this morning and had a text saying all my data has been used, then after that text I then had my warning 80% text so I didn’t even know my data was going. My last iCloud backup was yesterday and backup over data is off so you can’t blame that again. I WANT MY DATA BACK or I’m switching providers. Unacceptable.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Zh8rr You’ll have to look at your device to see what had used your data allowance.  

By any chance are you allowing iOS updates over cellular?  This will use loads of data.  
EE don’t take you allowance away when your not looking so your device is using it somewhere 

Hi Chris,

iOS updates over cellular are turned off. There’s nothing it could possibly been using it as I was on WiFi all weekend expect this morning when I had the text. 9GB wouldn’t of gone in the space of 1/2 hours 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zh8rr

Thanks for coming here.

If you go into your iPhone settings > Mobile Data, and then under your app information do you have WiFi Assist set to on? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

My WiFi assist is off 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for checking @Zh8rr

In this case, please call us on 150 and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.