cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data after switching networks

Theo471
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. Just switched my mobile to EE from BT, a couple of days ago. Had a text from BT to say the number had ported and as far as they are concerned they don’t have anything to do with the account anymore. 

since the switch, haven’t been able to use mobile data, only wifi. Can make and receive calls. The phone shows the 4G symbol but all apps (including the EE app!) can’t connect to the internet using data. I saw another answer about going to settings and checking profile but I don’t have that on my iphone7. 

any help greatly appreciated 

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

I just spoke with the a technical advisor at EE customer care and they helped me to find the solution, so I thought I would share it here incase it helps anyone else in the future: 

on my iPhone, went to: Settings>General>VPN & Device management - in this section was the profile from my previous network (BT), deleted that and now mobile data is working.

Thank you all for your advice, great community here. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Theo471   Have you restarted the device since the number port ?  

Hello @Chris_B  I have restarted the phone a few times and nothing seems to change. 🙃

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Theo471,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

In Settings > General >About are there any carrier updates available?

James

Hi @James_B thanks for your reply. I have had a look; no carrier updates that I can see. It shows network as EE and network provider as EE 49.0

James_B

Hi @Theo471,

What happens if you try to load a web page in Safari over 4G?

James

Hi @James_B when i switch off wifi and it shows 4G, safari shows a message "Safari cannot open the page because your iPhone is not connected to the internet". The iphone itself (separate to safari) has a pop up message which says " Could not activate mobile data network - you are not subscribed to a mobile data service" even though I can see 3 bars of signal and the 4G symbol. I can see from my EE account that my plan started 4 days ago and no data has been used yet.

James_B

Hi @Theo471,

Can you try resetting your network settings and let me know if that helps?

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Please note - You'll need to re-enter any WiFi passwords you have stored on your device after doing this.

James

hi @James_B

I have reset the netwrok as per your instructions but I am still not able to access mobile data. after the reset, I tried to open safari and I got the same error message that the iPhone is not connected to the internet

James_B

Hi @Theo471,

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our technical support team can look into this issue for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James