cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G not working with 4G

Lozza224
Visitor

My partner has an issue while travelling. He travels alot and is constantly on the phone to others either friends or people he is due to deliver too. While traveling he is in and out of 5G networks. While switching between 5G and 4G he constantly gets cut off. Is this a thing? It's very frustrating for him and the people he works for. He's asking me to get a replacement SIM card but I don't feel it's the SIM that's the problem just the networks. He has a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lozza224 wrote:

is constantly on the phone to others

Calling won't be using 5G anyway. It's for data.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

5G is currently deployed as an NSA network meaning it operates in parallel with 4G - voice calls will be using VoLTE in most cases.

Does your partner's phone show VoLTE when calls drop?