Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use 3G/4G mobile data

Gazzoid
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I'm not sure how long this may have been going on for, but since connecting to our new ISP, I've noticed my iPhone XR no longer connects to my mobile data. 😕 It'll only revert to 3G and won't use 4G at all. But whichever I says it's connected to, trying to load the web up comes up with 'Could not activate mobile data network'. I still have plenty of mobile data left according to my account.

I've tried resetting the phone and the network settings, but nothing has helped. I did come across older forum posts about switching Content Lock to 'off', but I've not been able to find this option, if it even exists any more. I've also tried sending a test message via WhatsApp and text message, but they're either not sending or taking forever.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gazzoid  Your ISP has nothing todo with the cellular connection of your device.   Is 4G enabled on the device?  You’ll find this in settings>mobile data>mobile data options. 

Content lock is an age restriction on all EE accounts and you have to request to have it removed by proving your over the age of 18.  Credit card/photo ID.   This has nothing todo with the cellular connection type. 

No, I didn't think it would. It just came to my attention once I tried connecting up to the router.

But yep, 4G is enabled. I can't imagine a Content Lock would on considering I've not had this issue before. So if it is that, I'm not sure why it's suddenly enabled.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gazzoid

Welcome to the community.

I think it could be worth speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can check your account from our side. Make sure everything is set up as it should be.

Chris

Gazzoid
Investigator
Investigator

I can't contact EE at all it seems. I spoke to someone via the phone on Friday to find out what the problem is, we went through various methods that didn't work, and in the end a new SIM was sent out. I received that yesterday and activated it, but the problem remains. Try to phone EE again to re-open the case and then discover that I now can't make or receive any calls or texts. 😢 I tried contacting them via my brother's phone (who's also on EE) and it sounds like things have changed and it's all through some online diagnostic tool. Plus, it's only applicable to my brother's phone. So I feel I've got no way of contacting EE and speaking to a person. Their message service on the site doesn't work either and just keeps saying it's unavailable, so I've no idea what to do.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gazzoid

Thanks for coming back to us. 

You can call us on 150 from an EE phone or 0800 079 8586 from any non EE phone and select option 2, then option 1 and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.