cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Aqua Smart Hub 5G

TheHedgeFairy
Investigator
Investigator

I just got my router yesterday and I have already had some lengthy conversations with the customer service team, and will contact them again today, but I will run through the process as it may help others who encounter this issue. I am using an apple ipad and iphone  ( which may/may not effect things)

Once plugged in the green lights do their thing and then it moves to a flashing aqua. The light has never reached the solid aqua state. 

Customer services could “see” the router, I was first asked to reset the router using a paper clip in the hole at the back, and this did not resolve the issue. 

I was unable to plug in an ethernet cable as my devices do not have an ethernet port.

My devices could “see” the smart hub 5G but I could not connect to it as it was locked. and did not recognise the passwords that came with the router

When I tried to log into the router on Safari search engine, all I got was a list of websites that explained what 192.168.1.1 was but did not link to the router.

I was advised to swop the router chip with my EE mobile phone chip, but all the router did was the same as with its own chip - aqua flashing light never turning to solid aqua.

Customer services then advised me to try the router at a different location, where there may be a better mobile signal. So I drove to my friends house 6 miles away and not located in a valley (my property is in a valley)  but same result , persistent flashing aqua. 

Came home again and Spoke to customer services again and was informed that actually the router probably was working, just constantly seeking a stronger signal, so I tried it, and yes I can surf the internet and stream  programs although I still am unable to log into router and the aqua is still in flashing mode.

This morning device back ups and updates have done their bit overnight, light is still flashing aqua. still unable to log into router. 

I will try customer services again . . .   hope this path may be helpful to others as the EE suggestions may work for them. I will add any progess if they resolve the situation.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheHedgeFairy
Investigator
Investigator

The final customer services person got me to re-set the router (yes, yet again) and I managed to get into the router page, The light stopped flashing for about 36 hours, but it has started flashing again this morning. I think it must be because I am in an are with very poor signal on the cusp of 3 towers with no obvious line of sight, and compounded with a location surrounded by hills. But I am really pleased that I can now get up to 20 mbps.

So anyone with a similar fault I would advise checking with customer services and if your location is similar to mine, it may be just a case of waiting over a few days. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TheHedgeFairy wrote:

When I tried to log into the router on Safari search engine, all I got was a list of websites that explained what 192.168.1.1 was but did not link to the router.

Don't do a search with it but go directly to http://192.168.1.1

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
TheHedgeFairy
Investigator
Investigator

I had tried that already, and what I got was search results, and not the log in interface.

Did you click on the link in my post? You shouldn't get search results from that.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
TheHedgeFairy
Investigator
Investigator

The final customer services person got me to re-set the router (yes, yet again) and I managed to get into the router page, The light stopped flashing for about 36 hours, but it has started flashing again this morning. I think it must be because I am in an are with very poor signal on the cusp of 3 towers with no obvious line of sight, and compounded with a location surrounded by hills. But I am really pleased that I can now get up to 20 mbps.

So anyone with a similar fault I would advise checking with customer services and if your location is similar to mine, it may be just a case of waiting over a few days.