Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No contract

Snakebri08
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All,

So I received I text message to today off EE stating that they haven't produced a contract for me since I purchased a phone back in June 2022. 

Anyway the text messaged said that since it is their fault that I can cancel free of charge. And have give me and option to leave or upgrade.

So does that mean I having been paying for something that I shouldn't have been?

I am quite confused about the text if I am honest.

Has anyone had this happen to them before?.

Thanks 

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Snakebri08  They are only starting that they haven’t give you the contract information.   Your contract that you’ve been paying for is still legal and you have been paying for the service.   

Could I potentially cancel and get a better (cheaper) tariff for my daughter and I? 

For me though if it's still legal and valid why would they offer to cancel the contract without charging. It just seems strange that they would say that.

I agree- does no contract mean they can’t increase prices? Obviously we can cancel when we want to now - as we aren’t bound by any contract 

That is a good shout, I am definitely ringing them in the morning, it's rubbish that uou can't speak to anyone after 6pm 

@Snakebri08   That’s 9pm not sure where you’ve got 6pm.         

You’ve only been given the opportunity to terminate and keep whatever device you’ve got if you got a device with that contract, and if you wish, take out a new contract.  

Your contract information that you didn’t receive is still binding but you’ve been given the opportunity to cease it thats all.    When you take out a contract you have to agree to the T&Cs in order to proceed with taking out the contract and the T&Cs state about yearly price increase and you have to  agree to that in order to proceed with taking out the contract.          EE have not provided you with that actual contract information and that’s all so they are allowing you to terminate it because of that but  the T&Cs are still applicable because you agreed to them.    
  This is only about you not receiving the contract information even though you did agree to them.    It’s the actual information received by yourself  for your own records. 

I tried ringing at 18.11pm today and I got the messaged on the phone saying that the offices are shut, and the opening hours are 8am - 6pm.

And thanks for the advice mate, what you have just said has made it a bit more clear.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What do mean that you haven't got a contract? You made a contract when you accepted EE's offer to sell you a phone. That's all you need. It doesn't have to be in writing.

You'll find the product, price & duration of your contract in your MyEE. The T&C's are publicly available. What more do you need?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

This is why i have come to a forum to ask because I didn't understand the message, but I have my answer now.

Thanks