cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this miss sold

dodger365
Investigator
Investigator

My mobile contract was formerly with BT. When renewing I was encouraged by BT to move to EE as, IK was told, the two companies have come together and the Ts & Cs would be the same. 

I now discover that this is not true. When with BT I did not pay any additional charges for using my phone abroad. I am travelling soon and on checking find that I must pay a daily charge of £2+ per day. This smacks to me of miss selling. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dodger365 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Do you have the Roam Abroad Pass as an inclusive extra on your account? 

Have you spoken to our mobile guides to get this looked into? 

Leanne 🙂

Leanne

Following my post on the forum I received a text from EE saying I could access the roaming service free of charge by sending roaming to 150. I have done this and assume that is the end of the problem.

I hope it is!

@dodger365   Having roaming enabled on your account is a none chargeable option and this allows your device to connect to a roaming network but using the service when abroad is something else and is £2.47 per day when in the EU or £25 per month for a roam abroad pass.   Both options allow you to use your tariff allowance when in the EU.  The roaming pass also includes the USA,Canada,Australia,New Zealand and Mexico. 

OK.

Then I have been misinformed to entice me to move to EE.

I will take appropriate action.