cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selling contracts to a vulnerable adult

Raven__church
Investigator
Investigator

I have just had the same thing happen to my 23 year old son who has Asperger's. He went in to High Wycombe store  to ask to move his current EE number which is in his mothers account into his own, now he is an adult and to help with his credit rating and independence moving forward.

The store guy ended up completely ignoring his request saying it was too difficult to do what he was asking and sold him a brand new 24 months sim only contract for £40 a month with a brand NEW number. So he now has 2 contracts and 2 numbers! The one under his mothers account doesn't expire till October, so in total hes now paying £90 per month for 2 sim only contracts.  I'm visiting the store tomorrow to ask the manger to cancel the contract. 

This is an absolute disgrace and an abuse of a vulnerable adult for the maximum commission on a 'net new' customer in his eyes.. The sales guy clearly has his own agenda and no care whatsoever for my sons request, An absolute disgraceful way to conduct business in the name of EE. 

Lets just hope the store manager does the right thing and agrees to cancel this new contract. 

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Raven__church 

Welcome to the community.

You're doing the right thing in going into the store to discuss this with the manager. They will be able to explain our processes and hopefully find a resolution with you and your son.

Please keep us updated on what happens.
Chris

Thanks Christopher,

I will indeed keep you updated. I sincerely hope the manager has a bit more integrity than his staff and common sense will prevail. 🙂

Thanks,

Peter

@Christopher_G  I have just returned from EE Shop in High Wycombe and I am very pleased to report that common sense has prevailed. The manager was not in today but spoke to a senior Rep called JD whom upon hearing our dilemma immediately agreed to cancel my sons contract and advised how we go about achieving the original goal of moving my son onto his own contract with his current number. 

Its a shame the sales guy on Sunday caused the anxiety for my son in the first place, but seems the rest of the staff were excellent to deal with and resolve.

So good news all around.

Cheers,

P

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm so glad to hear that it's been sorted, @Raven__church. Thank you for coming back to let us know. 

Chris