cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misrepresentation by EE

R1chardee
Investigator
Investigator

My current scenario: I have an iPhone on a pay monthly contract £46/m and a sim only for my son. He is using my old phone now £46/m
So I am paying around £100/month for both. 

Jan 2023 I began my sons sim-only, it began around £18/m after 6 months it doubled.
I was misinformed and was sold a half price 6 month full contract. 
After the 6 months it continued into a two year contract instead of a sim-only. 

We are now both tied into contracts until 2025 

I visited an EE store and the assistant was perplexed at why they had handled it in the way they did so

I contacted the customer service and they said the initial call in Jan 2023, when my sons sim-only was started was not recorded so they have no evidence that I asked for a sim-only. 

This is a case of misrepresentation and negligence from EE not only would I like to not be paying £100/m but would also like to leave EE but not sure how I can. 

I have been with EE / T-mobile since about 1997

Advise please 

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @R1chardee 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

When you called our mobile guides did they offer any solution for this or open a complaint to get this looked into in more detail for you? 

Speak soon. 

Leanne.

Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @R1chardee 

You can make a complaint here:

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/complaint

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@R1chardee wrote:

would also like to leave EE but not sure how I can.

Is your basis for wanting to leave, your billing issues? Or that you've tested another network who provides better coverage and/or service in a particular location?

Hi Leanne

Thank you for your reply. 

I explained the case to them from the beginning, including the lost recording. 

I asked why the sim-only number had been placed in a 24 month contract and why my number, which hasn’t changed for 25 years, was made the secondary number. 
The EE representative said he couldn’t help and nothing could be done. 

As a matter of principle I am looking into taking this issue to a small claims court as it seems EE staff cannot offer solutions to this type of negligence. . 

I have already filed a complaint of fraudulent misrepresentation but came up against a corporate brick wall. 
Because EE have conveniently mislaid the Jan 2023 telephone conversation they are deeming my complaint as false. 
My only solution, by principle, is to pursue this legally. 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Most court judges expect claimaints to take all reasonable steps to mitigate their losses and treat court action as an absolute last resort. This is often taken to mean using any available ADR scheme before resorting to legal action - EE's complaints process includes referral to Ombudsman Services once your complaint is either unresolved after 8weeks or deadlocked before.

Hi Bristolian 

yes indeed an ADR will be looked into also. 

My experience with EE complaints to date is, as I said, a brick wall because EE  lack evidence of my sons account being established, thereby their unwillingness to even open dialogue. 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Ombudsman Services are independent of any provider, and supply ADR across the telecoms industry.