cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data breach.

Pauly03
Visitor

So I thought I left EE a few months back because it was a contract I was paying for basically no reason. It was a monthly contract and through the app I pressed the leave EE button and I thought that was it. Flashforward to today and they're contacting me saying I have 72.60£ debt to pay. Somehow contacting my Dad telling him I have 84.58 to pay. I have absolutely 0 idea how they even got his phone number and why they have the right to tell him how much Debt I have. The SIM card has not been used at all in the last 2 months until today where I put it back in my phone to try and contact EE to not much avail. Seeking some advice.

Many thanks, Paul.

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Pressing the "Thinking of leaving EE" button doesn't actually cancel your contract. All it does is inform you of how much it would cost you if were to leave. It goes on to tell you that if you want to cancel your contract to contact EE & give 30 days notice, which presumably you didn't do. You are still in contract.

Perhaps you contract is under your Dad's EE a/c. Then they would contact him.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)