cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Upgrade Anytime worth it?

Profile closed
Not applicable

I am 8 months into my iPhone 13 PM plan and my early upgrade is about £1K.

If I sell my current phone, I can recoup a lot of the early upgrade cost, however, feels like I would have been better off on a Smart plan with Upgrade Anytime.

From this page:

'between six and 12 months into your plan there's a £50 - £300 upgrade fee depending on what device you have'

What sort of upgrade fees are people paying? That's quite a big range.

I don't really care for Smart benefits, as I don't really use any subscription services. Is it worth the extra monthly cost alone just for Upgrade Anytime?

I like to change phones often and just trying to work out my best option in terms of value and overall convenience. Being able to trade my old device into EE would be brilliant.

25 REPLIES 25
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Profile closed

Thanks for coming here. 

Our EE Upgrade Anytime terms and conditions has information that may help with your decision. 

Hopefully other users can also offer feedback to help you decide on your next upgrade and plan 🙂

Thanks.

Leanne.

T&C are misleading for upgrade any time. you still need to pay for the like a like handset after 12months. EE declares no upgrade fee, but they ask to pay for the handset. this is still fee, no matter under what description is written. Please be aware - its not free and misleading. you will end up paying more to have this contract and no benefits unless you will upgrade with less specification phone. why would want to do that.  EE advisors are trained to sell this package, but when it comes to upgrade EE will turn their back. its absolutely miss sold and everybody should be aware of it. EE wont tell you this, they T&C in the web doesnt say that. 

Stay Away!!!

Christopher_G

Hi @Justelis

Our Upgrade Anytime help page explains that there may be a fee to upgrade, depending on where you are in your contract.

The terms and conditions are linked on that page too.

Chris

@Christopher_G  there should be no upgrade fee after 12months if you trade in your phone alike to alike. for example, if i change 13 pro max 1T storage after 12months to 14 pro max 1T - ITS £330 upfront Fee!!! whats a point of this upgrade any time. its only works if you downgrade the phone and eventually end up cheaper, lower spec one.

Guys dont be fooled. EE T&C dont say that and EE advisor at EE wont tell you that either. 

@Christopher_G  Prove us otherwise. Why we EE customers always been robbed. Everybody who sign up for any time upgrade contract is expecting to upgrade to same category phone for free after 12month being in contract after they trade in old phone.  I understand there could be a fee if you upgrade from Iphone 13 to Iphone 14pro, but not for same spec phone. 

Christopher_G

It would depend on what device you choose for your next contract as to whether there would be an up-front fee for your next device, @Justelis.

Chris

@Christopher_G  Exactly. upfront fee!! Where does to is say in T&C? can you quote that?. next time EE will call it admin fee etc. FEE is FEE.  All im talking for same grade and model phone. 

i know it negative feedback, but people need to be aware of this and EE need properly explained to customer. until then its 100% miss sold case.

Christopher_G

Thanks for the feedback, @Justelis

The anytime upgrade allows you to upgrade without an upgrade fee (for ending your current contract early), after you've had the contract 12 months. Then on your new upgrade, you decide which phone and plan you want going forward in accordance with the terms and conditions.

Chris

vIoLeNtG
Explorer

I wouldnt recommend going for a contract with one, i am unable to upgrade anytime as there are no contracts available to me... i have to wait for the standard renewal... well i shall be taking my business else where... im fed up with the treatment here

Christopher_G

Hi @vIoLeNtG

Did you try speaking to our Mobile Care team to see if they can manually find a plan for you?

Chris