Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I Been Miss Sold ?

Dalv
Investigator
Investigator

Its been JOKE today

I took advise from an agent and upgraded to sim only, I was told on the plans I am upgrading too I can gift data, one was the unlimited the other a no frills. 

I came to gift data yesterday and today and I can not do it. I called up EE and they said I have been miss sold and that I have to pay more for this feature on the 2nd line. I said ok if I do agree to this when can I gift data he said straight away.

I upgraded and NOTHING, I still can not gift data, my partners away and needs data now!

I called up and spoke to some one who said they will put me through to the billing department 56 minutes on hold later, someone answers I believe from Newcastle who clearly are targeted on a dialler system, its the amount of calls you answer and not resolve, the agent said hello a few times pretended they could not hear me and hung up ! 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dalv   Why would they pretend to not hear you ?     They are not paid on the amount of calls they take. 
 Has your tariff changed on your account?   It shouldn’t say it’s a no frill tariff. 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Dalv 

If you purchased/upgraded online you can cancel within 14 days if you are still within this time period. 

To gift data you must be the account holder (bill payer/owner) on the account your partner uses. You cannot gift to PAYG. You cannot gift to/from a no frills basic account. 

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offers-and-services/other/data-gifting

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Shouldn’t you be asking them as why they pretend they couldn’t hear you with little sniggers before hanging up on a customer who’s been on the phone on hold for 56+ minutes ?  No one said they get paid for how many calls they take they get targeted of how many calls they answer as they are on a dialler system . 

another colleague who this time called me back has put both accounts to unlimited until they resolve this for me.

Hi bud

yes I am ehe account holder and they can’t figure out why I can’t gift data, but for now putting accounts onto unlimited until they get it resolved.

Hi @Dalv 

You should be able to gift data if you're on an unlimited tariff, however it maybe that EE system hasn't updated your tariff and doesn't recognise your new unlimited tariff. What tariff are you trying to gift to, is that a no frills tariff, PAYG? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.