cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a new contract phone and my bill is crazy

Chroniclogic
Visitor

Just upgraded my phone the man I was on the phone too said my sim only contract would stop as soon as I set my new phone up. My normal monthly fee was around 25 quid it's gone up to 44/50 and my bill this month was 120 quid. I can't afford that.

I'm annoyed that I was lied to about the SIM only contract stopping as soon as I got my contract phone. When I rang up they said don't worry we'll fix it. When I looked at my bill it was still 120 which I dunno how but they've put down if I pay half i won't be cut off.

Part of the reason I got a contract phone is for improving my credit rating and already I'm being messed about.

Seriously regretting getting the contract phone now.

Can anyone offer me any advice regarding the bill or even just how to set up game pass with the EE pass. Any advice is appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chroniclogic    There is no account access from here so unfortunately no one here can see why your bill is this amount.    There are better ways to build up a credit rating than taking out a 24 month commitment.   There are credit cards available for this exact purpose.    You was already a sim only customer,  it’s not the amount of credit you have that builds up a good credit rating it’s how you manage your repayments on any credit you have.   

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Chroniclogic 

If you are within 14 days you can cancel your upgrade and revert back to up your original plan. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Something's not adding up here.

If you've changed from SIM-only to phone-based-plan, then your SIM-only plan will have stopped as a matter of course. Does your bill show a new number that you may have inadvertently requested?

Does the new plan show the expected monthly charge on your bill? Are there any additional charges on the bill?

Only CS have access to your account to view the bill, but feel free to post up a suitably-redacted copy of the bill - many elements of your explanation, are raising more questions than answers.