cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of moving to EE

BobL-B
Investigator
Investigator

With Plusnet moving out of providing mobile services we opted for their suggestion of the EE option. Filled all the forms answered some weird question s and received new sim on Saturday 7/10. Rang EE to enquired to when to use then from, I was told immedfiately. 1st sim, for my phone, showed no connection to network. Having to use a mobile number from alandline to get support. Having been in IT and mobiles for 50+ years I basically knew whar the problems was, bit £6.90 worth of call I was told they did not anwer and would ring me on Monday - guess what, they didn't.
Another call from a landline to mobile number on 10/10 cost £4.07, and still no solution. EE return call on the next day 11/10 detrmined sim card was the proble. Could have told them that on the 7th!!
When telling me my costs would be paid as incurred during this issue and, hip hip hooray, EE will not charge me 1st month rental and supply a new 'free' sim. However, there was no interest in reinbursing me for not insignifacan costs for poor support.
When I suggested they  pay for my phone calls there was a total lack interest.  For an issue that was EE's fault and certainly not mine, I want my £10.97 for less than poor service at then hands of jobs worths who don't undertsand how mobile telephone works.

This complaint is posted to show how inefficient, not allowed to curse, EE support is to new customers.

a/c No ********

[mod edit: removed personal details from the forum]

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BobL-B 

I am very sorry to hear you have had this experience when you have called and the SIM card had this problem, this is not the level of service we aim to deliver. 

The last time you spoke to our customer care team did they open a complaint for you to get this looked into? 

Have you received a replacement SIM card?

Thanks.

Leanne.

Leanne,

I have received a new SIM card and all is well. They did also open a
complaint.  As an IT professional, a retired FBCS CITP, I knew exactly
the problem from the onset, but no one was prepared to hear me out.

The first call on the Sunday, while cordial, was an a**e covering job by
the support person, and the promised return call on the Monday never
occurred.

The whole issue took 3-4 days more than it needed to.

I was offered the option of driving a distance to collect a sim from one
of your stores, but the fuel involved would not be recompensed.  Not an
acceptable option funnily enough.

At the end of this, my issue is that being a new customer it has cost me
a sum of money I should not have had to spend.  Calling a mobile from a
landline is not cheap, why no freefone number!  With all of the prologue
and being put on hold, the sums ought to be reimbursed.  I can also
understand that it assists in funding the support operation, which is
find for existing customers, but for new ones not really expected nor
acceptable.

Living here in west Devon EE is the best option in terms of
accessibility of signal, but I am already looking for a better provider.

--
*Regards,*

Bob L-B

[edited] 

[Mod edit: Image rejected as it contained personal information] 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I suspect you've replied to this forum post using your email client, thus including your email signature. Result is your contact details - email address & phone numbers are in free text on a public internet forum for all to see.

That's an open invitation for spammers to start contacting you.