Downgrade

salmoliv
Visitor

Hi,

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but I want to downgrade.

There's no chat or phone number to contact EE, and I'm unsure how to do it.

I can choose a SIM-only plan, but I'm scared it will add an extra SIM to my current monthly contract. Is it best to cancel my contract? And then buy a SIM only from EE or a competitor?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Providing you follow the "upgrade" options on your myEE and choose a SIM-only plan you should be fine.

If you're at all unsure, simply call CS on 150 from your mobile and ask the agent to change your priceplan to whatever SIM-only plan you want. Perhaps don't use the term "upgrade" if doing it this way, but "change to SIM-only"

If you do this change by phone, the change of plan will usually be effectively immediately.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Providing you follow the "upgrade" options on your myEE and choose a SIM-only plan you should be fine.

If you're at all unsure, simply call CS on 150 from your mobile and ask the agent to change your priceplan to whatever SIM-only plan you want. Perhaps don't use the term "upgrade" if doing it this way, but "change to SIM-only"

If you do this change by phone, the change of plan will usually be effectively immediately.

ste2830
Explorer

The upgrades team will do it for you. Just advise them you want to migrate from your current plan to sim only (avoiding upgrade/downgrade term to make it easy).  If out of contract it changes immediately, if in a contract will take effect  when your current plan ends

But, @ste2830 , will OP still need it nearly a year later?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)