cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading of Plan

Shahbass155
Visitor

Dear EE Customer Service

I hope this message finds you well.I have been a subscriber to your services for September 2023 and have been generally satisfied with the quality of your service.

Recently, I have been reviewing my budget and financial commitments, and I am exploring options to reduce my monthly expenses. As part of this assessment, I am interested in inquiring about the possibility of downgrading my current plan.

Currently, I am on the Sim only 24 months Ess SIM Unl £30 6MHP, and I was wondering if there are any alternative plans or options available that might better align with my current needs and budget. I am particularly interested in understanding if there are less expensive plans without compromising essential features and services.

Thank you for your time and attention to this inquiry. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards,

Shahbass155

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Shahbass155 : You can't downgrade to a cheaper plan mid-term, but only in your upgrade window from 45 days before end of term.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Contractually, when you agreed your 24month minimum term, it was at your chosen price-point and you're bound to that.

This user-community forum has no access to your specific individual account to advise further, but you can discuss your circumstances by calling CS on 150.

It may well be that they can only confirm your minimum term end date, at which point you can drop to SIM-only.