cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can EE Cancel my contracts without my consent and what happens next

Concerned7788
Visitor

I not sure this is happening but I think it is. I have 3 contracts with EE and 2 add to plans. Unfortunate signal   is awful and for the last 5 months EE have been refunding my Plans (not add to plans). However my Bill has not been produced and I was told my credit is under investigation, because of how it was added. Which was fine< been honest with EE, I told them not to refund add to plans due to them not being affected, I thought they was honest when they said it was how the agent did it, and its not me and nothing to worry about. I am a worrier, I'm disabled and my Service with EE is Important to me and my health. That was earlier yesterday. However when I switch on my add to plan device (withheld) it says my pass ends on 28th January, so switch on the other, it says the same. I have a free add on (1 of 3, I only use the 1) and suddenly that says my service ends on the 28th to. I haven't done anything wrong. I have followed what they have asked, Ring on a set date to see if its fixed. Now those on the phone can hear the poor service and understand, but the system says good service in doors and out (not even close). So following what they've said, called, done everything asked. Even looked at options to boost the Signal. (My fones Wifi calling doesn't work, does on my Partners, this is not EE's fault its Samsung, it has been for a new Battery after the Battery went faulty, via EE repair, under warranty, found not my fault) .

So I am really concerned they cutting me off and leaving me with no service. I will find a new provider if they do, I know other networks are fine. But what scaring me is when I google if they can, All I get is can I cancel it and a few where EE have kick customers off the network for being abusive (rightly so, I love chatting to EE staff, make me laugh and they always check on me) . They have been sent bills for the full cost of the remainder of their contracts.  So I need to know, if EE are kicking me out due to not providing the service (it happens, Masts have issues, they technology, Im happy to wait for a fix, feeding of the little service I do get) will I be charged the early termination fee's and what happens to the Add to Plans? They come with 24 month passes, so surely if they end them passes they either asking for them back or can't charge me for the pass side. I am dreading a massive Bill through the door that my disability benefits will not cover.  Do I have to send the handsets back etc? so many things going through my head right now. I just want a Service where I can make calls without going Robot or getting cut off or where people can ring me. Happy to pay for that, they agreed the refund policy, I just agreed to their request to call each month. (I have to go to a friends house to get a signal to ring most the time.) So can they kick me off the network mid contract without my consent and do I have to pay for this?

1 REPLY 1
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Concerned7788

Welcome to the community. 

Our customer care team will need to speak with the account holder to be able to complete a cancellation request. 

There is other circumstances were an account can be suspended during an investigation but you should be notified of this. 

Are the team looking into the amount of credits you have received to cover your bills?

What free add-on is due to expire?

What happens if you try to make a call or send a text?

Speak soon, 

Katie