cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Non-response

RayKohn
Investigator
Investigator

Previous years we have paid £10 a month extra to be able to use mobile phone in Cyprus. 29 December 2023 phoned to receive same service. "No problem. You will receive confirmation by text".  Nothing came. So phoned again 12 January. "I can see our record of your 29 December call. I did not know we could still provide this service. I'll talk with my manager ....   OK as we've offered this service we are implementing it for you from 14 January. You'll receive confirmation by text."  No confirmation received. Now in Cyprus and being charged far more with no sign that EE has carried out its agreement and no way for us to contact EE  other than the previous means which have ended up with no response.

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @RayKohn 

Are you in North or South Cyprus. If you are connected to the North then that is not EU rather roaming in Turkey. 

Are you on EE PAYG or pay monthly contract. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Southern Cyprus (in the EU) and awaiting confirmation of their promise
(twice) that we could pay £10 a month for the next 4 months (as we've done
in previous years)

--
More at raykohn.com
bristolian
Legend
Legend

There's two parts to this.

1: The free roaming facility enables your phone to connect to foreign networks. If your phone cannot obtain coverage abroad, this is unlikely to be enabled. Does your phone have coverage?

2: A chargeable add-on which reduces the cost of roaming, you're likely referring to the Roam Abroad pass which is now £25/month and enables use of your UK allowances within the EU & 4 other countries globally.

Having roaming enabled without an add-on means your phone will have coverage but costs of using it will vary.

Having an add-on enabled without the roaming facility means you're "paying for roaming" but cannot get coverage outside the UK.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Received via PM..

Just received email asking if your response was helpful. It confirmed that the two promises that were made to implement the £10 a month deal whilst we were in Cyprus were broken. You set out what was on offer (£25 a month ... far too much just for one or two calls a month) so we'll revert to other ways to communicate.

Open response: You can use your phone in the EU without paying the £25/month charge - ensure the free roaming facility is enabled, and then £2.29 any day you use your UK allowances abroad.

Thanks Bristolian. I just wish the EE staff had been as straight as you instead of promising us something TWICE without implementing it.