cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account opened without my knowledge

BarberPug16
Investigator
Investigator

I ordered 2 sim cards to port mine and my partners number over to EE. I was sent 3, with no notice of which sim was to port which number so I put 1 SIM card into each of our phones and the one had no signal so I thought it was a sim sent in error so changed it to the other sim which then didn’t swap over so I called and eventually after a week it was changed. I then get my bill but am also charged £20.30 separately. I queried this and was told was pro rata so I didn’t question it until I was then charged £20.30 extra again, I queried this again to be told there was nothing on your system to say I had been charged and basically may as well have called me a liar. I then cancelled the direct debit after the 3 rd time as I knew this definitely wasn’t going to get resolved at all. Shock I receive a letter to say I will be cut off if I don’t pay £20.30. I noticed it was a completely different account number which I had never any knowledge of! I rang EE said would get a call back about the account being closed and being reimbursed on Tuesday and nothing!! I am now owed over £80 by EE and nothing is being done about it when it isn’t my error. What do I do next? I’ve complained but I can’t see that doing anything but quick enough to be told I’d be cut off on a number I haven’t even used or known about and EE would have happily have kept taking the £20.30 if I hadn’t of cancelled the direct debit.

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

No-one on this forum has access to your specific accounts, you should contact CS to follow this up.

I wasn’t asking expecting someone to access my account. I was asking for advice incase anyone else had experienced this and had a resolution or could offer advice. 🙂

bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's an account-specific issue, likely caused by an error somewhere. I would therefore advise you to query this with CS who should be able to assist further.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BarberPug16 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Do you have three numbers showing on the bill? 

Have you opened a compliant online? 

Leanne.

Jvmfisher89
Visitor

Did.ypu resolve this my partners just advised me about an extornitate bill turns out it seems they gave us a sim for a tablet but saidnif we didn't use it wouldn't matter but have taken monthly payments for it out and then when he added roaming pass to his phone it added it to the other line which he has been paying on top ! We never agreed to any additional line can't wait to lose tomorrow to see what exactly the sales person who sold it to us has done

Yes I resolved it in the end. Due to their being 2 different direct debits it took me cancelling the 1 direct debit for them to send me a letter saying about non payment to realise they had opened 2 different accounts and that’s why when I rang with my account number I had knowledge of they had no recollection of any payments being taken. I then gave them the other account number and they could see that I had never used that SIM card I had been paying for. I got refunded the amount I had paid in error in the end. 🙂