cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdated payment query - no correspondence after 2 weeks, asking for advice

rhysjones1990
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted EE 2 weeks ago on the 20.11.23 as Monies have been coming out for a Broadband contract that was cancelled over 2 years ago. 

I spoke to a very helpful lady called Layla in the billings team who advised something in their back end system wasn't done which is why it wasn't cancelled correctly, my money would be backdated from the date the line was turned off and I would receive a final statement within a week saying how much is owed back to me, and would then receive a cheque as I had cancelled the direct debit.

I haven't received any correspondence since (letter or email), I contacted EE again on Wednesday 30.11.23  and they advised it would be done on the last day of the month as that is when accounts are done, but I still haven't received anything.

I was expecting at least an email confirmation by now, Is it normal not to receive any correspondence at all after 2 weeks? And how long does this process take normally?

I've been swindled out of money in the past by other companies (not by EE) so I always need peace of mind with things like this. 

13 REPLIES 13
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rhysjones1990 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

To get the refund looked into, please call us and the team will be happy to provide an update. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

I've contacted the team today and have been advised it could take another week to even be processed, not great considering I was told I'd receive the final statement within a week of the first call 2 weeks ago, that extra bit of money would've been handy before Christmas, but I have doubts I'll receive it in time. Is there a way I can escalate this?

Kind Regards

Rhys Jones

Christopher_G

Hi @rhysjones1990

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you open a complaint with the person that you spoke with? That way this will be logged against your account until there's a resolution.
Chris

Hi Chris,

I will definitely look to complain and escalate tomorrow as I've now received an email from EE 2 minutes ago saying I've missed this months payment (even though I was told this has been cancelled and I wouldn't be charged for this month & my broadband bills will be backdated to when the line was cancelled 2 years ago!)

I'm getting concerned that what I was told 2 weeks ago hasn't even been actioned if I'm receiving this email.

James_B

Hi @rhysjones1990,

I'm sorry to hear you've received that automated email in error.

You can also open your complaint online at ee.co.uk/contact-ee/complaint/form.

Hope this helps.

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your help, I have sent a complaint through the form but I'll be contacting customer services by phone on a daily basis until this is resolved now.

Whether the email chasing payment was automated or not, surely any automated emails should have been stopped on my account once it was cancelled your end which I was told on 21.11?

From my perspective, it looks like what I was told 2 weeks ago hasn't been actioned at all.

Your team are quick enough to chase missed payments a couple of days after it's due (even when it's not due), but when it's money that EE owes to a customer, the process seems to take weeks. Very frustrating as I've never had any problems with your services before,

Apologies for venting, but I'm getting frustrated by the lack of correspondence or transparency on what is going on with the money that is owed to me. 

Many Thanks

Rhys Jones

James_B

I understand your frustration, @rhysjones1990 

Our Customer Care Team will be best placed to update you on the status of your cancellation request and our complaints team will review your case in full before reaching out to you.

James

Just an update on the issue that still hasn't been resolved.

As stated before, I was told on the 21st of November that I'd receive final statement and cheque within 2 weeks.

As mentioned on Sunday the 3rd of December I received an email to say the payment had failed for November's bill and to pay ASAP (even though I had already spoken to you well over a week before that and was told its going to get backdated).

I filed a complaint on your website and received a call on Tuesday the 5th of December and was told it was getting sorted, I have finally received the final statement (total of 980.75 is owed to me!), although that had to be revised because the incorrect total was put on the initial statement I received.

I called the customer care team again on Monday 11th of December for an update and was advised that it had only been actioned on Friday the 8th of December.

Honestly, it has felt like you guys have been digging your heels in with giving back money that is owed to me. It would've been handy for Christmas, but doesn't look like I'll be getting it before then.

Also, when I spoke to your team initially in November, I gave my new address to update to send the cheque to, I asked on Monday 11th of December if it was going to be sent to my new address or my old address and he couldn't tell me, as far as he could see it was my old address on the account, but he did mention that it could have been done manually as the account is closed.

I'm not a complainer normally, but this has been a very poor service & I feel like my account hasn't been handled well at all, & even though I've never had an issue with you regarding my mobile contract, I'm strongly thinking of switching to another network once my current phone contract is up over this.

Just had to vent my frustration on the situation.

Many thanks 

Rhys Jones

James_B

I've sent you a private message, @rhysjones1990 

Please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a moment.

James