cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App and phone never ever work as it should.

communi
Investigator
Investigator

Is just me or since BT have taking over EE EVERYTHING has got worse - the app never works, never get the 5g that they advertise, constantly sending texts that they are doing some work so it may affect my coverage..  after 20 odd years with them,  think it may be time to leave think all the networks have the UK pretty much covered anyhow. The only thing they have going for them is the customer service which is still excellent but if that turns into BT standards it’s definitely time to get another provider!

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @communi 

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your service and the app. 

What happens when you try and log into the app? 

Do you get 5G in other areas? 

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

When did this alleged takeover take place in your view?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

2015 Grand Master

Hi Leanne, 

The layout of the app is not as straightforward as it used to be - were adults that pay bills and don’t need cartoons all over the place. If I want to make payment, the page never opens and you have to use the website which makes the app pointless. I have mentioned my coverage numerous times and the amount of time they are taking to ‘repair work in my area’ is getting beyond the joke, anyone would think this mobile thing is a new venture! It really has been like this for all the years BT have been in charge which is odd because technically they are giants- but unfortunately we all know what BT thinks of its customers… 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for your feedback on the app, @communi

Have you discussed the coverage in your area with our technical support team? They may be able to give more of an insight into what's happening in your area.

Chris

@communi  So your are saying you’re issues started in 2015 ?    If not can you please explain while you believe that the BT takeover is the cause of your issue.   BT own EE they are not the same company.    Just like Fiat own Ferrari you won’t blame Fait for your Ferrari issues would you.    So why’s BT at fault for EE network issue or app issues.  

Hi Christopher,

I have raised this but what more can the technical team do apart from what they’ve already done. It’s hard to convey the frustration as a user,  when everything seems fine from the other end.

You’ve only just realised BT own EE 👀 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@communi wrote:

all the networks have the UK pretty much covered anyhow

If only that were true!