cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Music not Working - Unfixable?

DAHR
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I've had a subscription to Apple Music with my EE contract for about 4-5 years. After upgrading my phone (same number) in February, I've been unable to use Apple music. The message I'm getting is that my phone number (which is automatically entered as my ID) is unavailable and to use another.  I've now spent approx 10 hours being batted back and fore between EE and Apple and each blames the other for the issue. Meanwhile, I'm left paying for a service I can't use.  Have any users got to the point? Would asking EE to change my phone number solve the problem? I know it's not a global crises but I'm fed up of singing to myself!

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @DAHR

Thanks for coming here. 

When logging in to your Apple Music does it provide you with the option to use your email address?

Has our customer care team tried removing Apple Music from your account?

What was advised by Apple when you last spoke with them?

Katie

Hi Katie, Many thanks for your message. Apparently (according to Apple) there was no email associated with my account, only the telephone number. When I try and use the links to make a new ID, it comes up with my phone number already in the ID and no option to change it.

On the advice of EE, I had already requested Apple de-link my old subscription which said they had. I still couldn't log in so went back to EE. They said to go back to Apple and de-link everything linked to my number. A rather irate manager told me that they already have and it's not an Apple issue. He told me to look on Google to see how many others have the same problem.  To be honest, it's getting a bit upsetting being shunted back and forth when there's no progress whatsoever and Apple are getting narky.

Katie_B

I am sorry to hear about your experience @DAHR.

Was Apple Music removed from your EE account also?

Did Apple advise if they are able to escalate this for you if the de-linking is not working?

Katie

Thank you for your reply.

EE said they removed Apple Music and sent me a link to rejoin but it didn't work. 

Apple offered no further support and said in no uncertain terms that the problem isn't with them.

Katie_B

Does Apple Music show in your EE account online @DAHR?

Katie

Katie,

Yes it does 😕

Christopher_G

I recommend getting back in touch with our technical support team to let them know that removing and re-adding the Apple Music benefit hasn't fixed the issue, @DAHR

They'll then be able to continue with their troubleshooting and hopefully be able to fix it for you.

Chris

Hi Chris, unfortunately I spoke at length to technical support on Saturday and went through every option she knew to get the link to work. She recommended I go back to Apple, which I did. I've since been back to both EE and Apple on both Sunday and Monday. Both are adamant the issue lies with the other and I am totally at a loss, hence coming here to ask if changing my phone number will possibly solve the problem?  I've spent approximately 12 hours over the last 4 days communicating with advisors, technical support and managers and I don't really want to get back into being batted back and forth with no positive outcome again, particularly with Apple who were quite hostile on my last call.

Could you tell me if changing my phone might solve the issue, please?

Christopher_G

Thanks for explaining some more, @DAHR 

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Chris