Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime Upgrade - Plan not upgraded.

retrolou
Investigator
Investigator

Hi There,

I wonder if anyone can help or has had a similar issue. 

On Wed 3 Jan ‘24 I ordered an Anytime Upgrade, new phone and new plan. 
It was processed online then I was told to complete the order I had to phone EE. 

I spoke with customer services who screen shared the Terms / Conditions and Contract which I approved while on the line to them. I did not receive a copy of these, and presumed they would be emailed to me. 

I received my new phone the next day, set it up, cloned from my old phone and wiped the old one ready to send back as part of the deal. 

I gave it 24hrs but my plan and contract had not been updated (I went from the All Rounder iPhone plan to the Full Works iPhone plan, supposedly). 

So I phoned customer services again, to find out why or when it would upgrade. 
I was very confidently assured it would adjust overnight and I would receive a text message confirming this in the morning. 

It has now been about 78hrs since I “upgraded” and my plan still hasn’t changed. 

I now have 11 days to send back my old phone, otherwise I will be charged £300+ but I am loath to send it before my contract has been updated as per agreed.

I know I will have to phone EE again, but thought I would ask for help elsewhere before enduring another half hour of dance hold music. 

My Order Number is xxxxxxxxxxx.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks,

Emma

5 REPLIES 5
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @retrolou,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Your plan would normally be updated when your phone is processed for dispatch.

Is your old plan still showing in both the EE app and EE online?

James

Hi James,

Yes, my previous plan is showing as All Rounder (not Full Works) in both the EE app and EE online. 
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Emma

@retrolou   Just to check you did actually click upgrade when you started the upgrade process?     If you login to the my EE on the home page can you see or can you click on CHOOSE A DEVICE ?  

Hi Chris,

There’s no option on the homepage of My EE for Choose A Device. 

(There shouldn’t be, I have already received my new device - 6 days ago!)

Thanks,

Emma

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @retrolou 

It will be worth speaking to our Mobile Care team so that they can check our systems to make sure that everything is set up as it should be.

Let us know what happens please.

Chris