cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Controls not working or not working correctly

Explorer

Can someone please help, WiFi controls either don't show on app or they don't work. 

WiFi enhancer does not load .

Setting groups or controls does not work, registered devices do not show. 

Can't test speed. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

All sorted after speaking to tech team, hub needed to be reset and  uninstalled app. This was achieved with a BT/EE guide on the phone. You need to speak to tech team who will guide you through the steps while they do the magic in the background. Took a few days to sort very busy and helpful team. 

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
David-M
EE Community Support Team

Hi @5076 and thanks for the post.

Sorry you're having problems with the WiFi controls. I can help. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The app is a mess at the moment. So many users are having issues. I've said it before in other posts, but I think we are all paying to be beta testers on the "new" EE products at the moment. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@5076 wrote:

Can't test speed. 

Try a speedtest here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Exact same situation. Really starting to 'P' me off. Considering cancelling and goin back to BT tbh. We've been sold an inadequate service.  

Jph82
Investigator
Investigator

Really starting to loose faith in EE. Wifi working, but can't control my WiFi as I'm 'not connected to WiFi network ' ????? Even though I'm ON IT NOW 🤬 ???? Tried speaking to EE support teams. Several for that matter. Complete waste of time. Reps just pass the case along to ' Technical team member ' . Seriously considering closing the account and goin back to BT. We've been sold an  inadequate service. I'm not alone in this either by the looks. SHOCKING. 

You're not alone. Absolute shambles since I switched from BT. Considering cancelling and goin back to BT. Their app was faultless.

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Did anyone get this sorted 😔 I have tried everything I can think of. I’ve managed to connect the smart WiFi devices but like most of you I’m getting the message saying I’m not on my home network 😡

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, 

I have the same issue - can I get some help please?

Adrian

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The only 'solution' I've found so far is not to use the app, but to manage the system using the router's management portal, accessed by entering it's IP address into a browser.